Which Syringe Tips are There and Which Should I Choose?
We have already covered the history of the syringe and what syringe types there are in a previous blog. In this article, we are going to run through the different types of syringe tips (or nozzles) you may come across and provide some general uses to help you decide which syringe tip is best for the use you have in mind.
Syringe tip types
1. Luer Slip (or Slip Tip) – allows a needle to be quickly and conveniently pushed straight on to the end of the tip (if a needle is required). So if you are looking for speed of connection between the needle and syringe, the Leur slip will suit you best.
2. Luer Lock – allows a Luer Lock needle to be screwed onto the tip and securely locked in place ensuring no liquids can leak. So if you are looking for a more secure fitting with less chance of leakage – and therefore more accurate measurement and application – choose the Luer lock tip.
3. Luer Slip Eccentric – used when you need to inject something parallel to the skin. The off-centre tip is in line with the outer side of the barrel, so is perfect for injecting into a vein or artery. (The Ciringe 50ml Luer slip tip is off-centre [eccentric]).
4. Catheter – commonly used when injecting via tubing, flushing wounds or when using a slip tip needle that is too large to use standard slip tip syringe
What Type of Syringe to Use?
The type – and size – of syringe you choose depends on your requirements. For example, how much liquid or gas needs to be transferred or injected and what you are transferring the product to. Some uses require a needle to transfer the contents by injection, while some – like syringe feeding a pet – do not.
Our medical grade Ciringe Syringes come in a variety of nozzle types and sizes:
- Ciringe Luer slip disposable syringes are available in 1ml, 3ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml and 50ml sizes (the 50ml size Luer slip tip is off-centre [eccentric]).
- Ciringe Luer lock disposable syringes: available in 3ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml and 50ml sizes
Ciringe Syringes have a number of uses:
including NHS, hospitals, private healthcare sector, medical, clinical, dispensing, veterinary, beauty salons, aesthetics clinics, dental, human, pet and animal feeding and any other liquid transfer/administering job that requires precise dispensing, such as vaping E-Cigarette refilling, printer ink cartridge refilling, crafting, art, hobbies, painting and gluing, lubricating, plant watering, cooking, perfume mixing and filling, making Jello shots, scientific experiment use and more…
Ciringe syringes are also available in a liquid mixing set comprising a medical grade syringe with a 14g or 18g blunt needle for non-medical uses such as refilling e-liquid (vapes), dispensing CBD, inks, woodworm treatment and other crafts, hobbies and DIY.
We also stock syringes from Terumo (with Luer Slip and Luer Lock tips), Nipro (with Luer Lock tips) and BD syringes with needles for general use and 0.3ml, 0.5ml and 1ml U-100 syringes specifically designed for precise dosing of insulin.
Disposal: Needles are syringes must be safely disposed of. To assist with this, we have a selection of sharps bins available for safe disposal of your clinical waste.
Have a question? If you have any questions about the type or size of syringe you require or would like to order in bulk please contact us, we will be happy to help.